Hugh Christie is a great place to work. Thank you for looking at our vacancies page.
Current vacancies will be listed below.
If you are interested in applying for a vacancy, please complete the relevant application form and email to Nicki Riddle, Principal's PA & Federation HR Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions before applying, please use the contact box to get in touch.
Support Staff Application Form
Teaching Staff Application Form
Tonbridge Federation takes the safeguarding of its students and staff very seriously. Therefore, any job offer is subject to an enhanced DBS check prior to employment. Please be aware that prior to any interview, the school may carry out an online search as part of our due diligence on any short-listed candidates.
Director of Learning for Geography and Travel & Tourism
We are seeking a motivated, organised and effective Director of Learning for Geography and Travel and Tourism with the ability and enthusiasm to deliver both subjects.
Hugh Christie is a mixed wide ability 11 to 18 high school based in Tonbridge, Kent. Hugh Christie is ‘the place to be’ happy, successful and where pupils are well prepared for adult life. Hugh Christie is a good school with a stable and well-motivated staff. Staff are supported well through a bespoke INSET programme led by our Lead Practioner Group. Staff are encouraged to progress with most the Senior Leadership Team being former middle leaders in the school. The school finishes at 1:35pm on a Friday and has a two week holiday at the end of Term 1 to promote wellbeing.
The ideal candidate will be required to:
• To help lead curriculum development in collaboration with Leader of Geography and Travel & Tourism and other department members.
• To help lead resources development for the curriculum.
• Attending Pupil Progress Meetings.
• Monitoring, implementation and improvement of Pillars of Excellence Practice.
• To monitor and recommend published resources which would support the learning and progress of students.
• Writing and updating departmental action/development plans (in collaboration with Leader of Geography and Travel & Tourism)
• Implementing department improvement strategies following recommendations from Deep Dives.
• Leading moderation of work and assessment to ensure consistency of standards.
• Ensure the recording and analysis of progress data to identify strengths and weaknesses within the department and its curriculum, so that improvements can be made.
• To be an effective subject mentor for ITT and ECTs.
• To organise cover for absent colleagues when necessary and help monitor classes taken by guest teachers.
• To monitor department relearning environment is tidy and displays are refreshed. Liaise with department staff and the Art Technician to ensure that these displays are refreshed and maintained accordingly.
• Quality assurance of exercise books and RoPs.
• Liaise with SEND Department regarding the needs of students and staff,
• To coordinate a programme of school visits and experiences for the department. To ensure that behaviour management is adhered to within the department and support colleagues accordingly.
• Attend relevant school meetings and events.
• Lead department CPD in accordance with school expectations.
Start Date: September 2023
Salary: Main / UPS Pay Scale + TLR2
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 17th April 2023
For further information please contact the Executive Principal’s PA, Nicki Riddle via email on email@example.com or by telephone 01732 353544 Ext. 242.
Hugh Christie is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).