Learning Support Managers
Key Stage 3 - Mrs D Garner, AMBDA (Dip DI teaching) Adv Cert in Autism
Key Stages 4/5 - Mr Paul Bargery
- To identify at the earliest opportunity all children who need special consideration to support their physical, sensory, social, emotional, communication or cognitive development.
- To ensure that these children are given appropriate support to allow every child full access to the National Curriculum in a positive framework
- To ensure that these children are fully included in all activities of the College in order to promote the highest levels of achievement.
- To involve parents, pupils and others in developing a partnership of support, enabling them full confidence in the strategy as adopted by the College.
- To provide a broad, balanced and suitably differentiated curriculum relevant to pupil needs, through all staff sharing responsibility for SEN.
- To demonstrate that meeting the needs of children's learning and/or behaviour is part of high quality mainstream education.
- To plan for any pupil who may at some time in their education have special educational needs.
- To promote self-worth and enthusiasm by encouraging independent learning at al age levels.
- To give every child the entitlement to a sense of achievement.
- To identify, monitor and support pupils who will need extra resources and/or teaching help as early as possible.
- To work in partnership with the child's parents and other external agencies to provide for the child's special educational needs.
- To regularly review the policy and practical arrangements to achieve best value.